2/25/09

No Billy Wagner in Camp

I'm half way home and still looking over my notes from ST, making sure I pass everything on to you guys.

I think I forgot to mention this... Billy Wagner in NOT in camp. I asked a number of people about that, including Jerry Manuel, and all of the answers were a simply no, without any explanation.

No one, including some of the beat guys, thought there was any chance of Wagner coming back this year, though, as you know, some people speculated about that on line a few weeks ago.

You had the feeling that Billy Wagner is no longer a member of the New York Mets.

Mack

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Riddance? You're a tool. Here's Wagner's three years as a Met:

IP H K BB ERA WHIP
187.6 146 226 53 2.39 1.06


I pray K-Rod is close to those stats.

Mack Ade said...

Mister:

You're right.

You can't have enough good pitching, and there is a chance he might be back at the end of this year... try to image the 7th, 8th, and 9th inning, in September, with Putz, F-Rod, and Billy...

Mack