4/16/09

Happy To Be Here

Hello everyone! My name is Jack Flynn, a weekly columnist for Flushing University and the primary contributor to my blog, Productive Outs and Crackerjack. Mack has been kind enough to allow me to contribute to Mack's Mets, which I will do occasionally throughout the course of the 2009 season.

This is still Mack's blog, first and foremost, and I'm honored that he's even giving me the opportunity to link my work here. Mack will undoubtedly continue to provide the lion's share of content at this site. You won't have to worry about no longer enjoying on his insights about minor league and amateur baseball or his extensive knowledge of the Mets' farm system. That's what makes the site so great, and that's why Mack's Mets is one of the first sites on my Google Reader.

I will be linking to relevant Mets commentary from my own blog, while providing the occasional original piece related to the minor league system. I hope you will enjoy it and I hope you'll visit my site on occasion as well.

I completed a quick post earlier today (which can be found here) that expands a little more on an earlier column about Citi Field. There are still some people in New York who legitimately miss the Brooklyn Dodgers and are still sad that they had to watch them leave town. Many of those fans have since embraced the Mets, but the Dodgers (the Brooklyn version) still have a place in their hearts.

I am not like some of the older guys who have had two baseball loves. My problem, as someone who was born 20 years after the Dodgers skipped town, is that my favorite team has always been the Mets. The great majority of Mets fans today - myself included - have no connection to the Brooklyn Dodgers. I happen to fall into a smaller subset of those Mets fans who consider themselves actively antagonistic to Brooklyn Dodger-worship.

So what do you think about the Jackie Robinson Rotunda and the fact that Citi Field has deidicated so much space to a player that never wore a Mets uniform? Are the Mets spending more time honoring another franchise's history than their own?

1 comment:

Mack Ade said...

Welcome!

(I gotta get him to teach me how to highlight the links...)

Mack