7/23/09

Enough With The B-Met Drama



In one way or another, I’ve been on the same side of the media fence for over 30 years. I’ve watched us turn the news industry into a travelling circus, based solely on getting ratings, rather than content. I was associated for a couple of years with the man that created CNBC and, I always remembered his words to the original people that were behind the desks there: “if we tell someone to buy Cisco in the first quarter hour, find someone to say you should sell Cisco and put them on the 3rd quarter hour.” It’s all theatre now.

I’ve had about enough off all the Tony Bernazard hype and Binghamton’s Josh Thole put it best when be basically said to everyone to get this out of his locker room.
I’ve participated in many of these Bobby Knight-like rah rah meetings. Hell, I’ve even threw a couple of them myself. And anybody that ever met Tony B knows that he couldn’t get out of a china store without breaking something, but trust me, if this team was ten games over .500, everybody would have had a laugh about what good ole Tony did up in B-Town.

Folks, it’s not fun being a Met right now.

At any level.

And it sure as hell ain’t fun covering them all the time.

But the season is what it is and we all need to get back to doing the right thing, rather than trash Bernazard.

And that’s trash Omar.

No comments: