7/27/09

Minor Thoughts On Sunday



1. I sent an email to SP Sal Aguilar and asked him how his rehabbing was going. He obviously had other things on his mind, since he was pitching today for the GCL Mets… and I peeked in on his performance today: 3.0-IP, 11-R, 9-ER, 5-K, 1-BB, 2-HR… I think I’ll leave him alone for a while…

2. SP Dillon Gee checked in from rehab today: “Hey Mack, I am good and have been throwing five days a week. Hopefully, if everything continues to go well, I will be throwing off the mound in a couple weeks. So far I have been feeling really good.”

3. A couple of old Mets faces on Indianapolis today against Buffalo. OF Lastings Milledge (.291) and 3B Tagg Bozied lost to Buffalo, 2-1. The game featured superb pitching by Tim McNab.

4. 36th round 2009 draft pick, P Lance Hoge, was promoted from Brooklyn to Savannah. His stats in Brooklyn so far this year are: 1-0, 2.31, in 6 appearances. Started today: 4.0-IP, 2-ER, 3-K.

5. It seems to me that we’re beginning to se a slow conversion to a younger approach to stocking the AAA team in the future. Yes, Jonathan Niese, one of the last AAA prospects left, is now a Met, but other subtle moves lately have been to rid the team of AAA players like Wily Mo Pena, Ramon Martinez, and now Brandon Knight. For now, Right now, I have them at 9 uninjured pitchers, Plyus, the complete disappearance of 1B Michal Abreu,… That’s 21 players on the 25-man… 4 short.

6. I asked Allan Greene in K-Port that status of Ryan Mollica’s head injury the other night and he advised: “He did , He got hit in the back of the head by one of the outfielders. I'm pretty sure he's ok now, just sitting out a few for precautionary measures. I can't officially confirm his status,, but i have seen him the last couple of days , he seems to be doing well though.” Thanks Allen.

7. Heard from SP Sal Aguilar, who has been rehabbing for GCL Mets this past month: “The arm is coming along good, the velocity is getting back to where it was at last year and I’m really happy with it since I’m only 11 months out of surgery. I’ve been in four rehab games for GCL and the last outing was not that pretty. I have one more start until my rehab stint is over than I will find out what is going to happen to me in terms on what team I will be assigned to.” Obviously, we wish Sal well and could use him back on the B-Mets squad.

No comments: