8/29/09

Q&A - Chris Carter, 2010 Roster




Ben Testa asked: If this Carter guy is a player than why have the Red Sox gone out and traded for LaRoche, Kotchman and than for Victor Martinez. And I trust Theo's evaluation much, much more than Minaya's. BTW... do you remember Darrin Reed. A perennial home run hitter the Mets had in triple A, but could never do anything on the major league level. That’s who this guy reminds me of. But I do agree about how the Mets draft as a factor of making this deal as opposed to draft picks. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this other player they get truly has potential.



Mack: Ben, You make good points. All I know is, if the Mets would have not traded Wagner, and took the supplemental picks, we'd have to wait at least 4 years before we had any idea if the person who was drafted was worth picking. Imagine if the Mets did go the supplemental way, picked a kid outfielder/first baseman, and he hits 124 home runs and 505 RBIs in his first 6 years.... I'm sure we'd all be very happy with this pickup for someone who was leaving anyway. Lastly, I see Carter in a Mike Jacobs sort of role. He'll compete for the 2010 first base job and save the Mets a ton of money, rather than resign Delgado, Then, in 2011, the Ike Davis era begins. Smart move by Omar.




Stacy and Steve Wilson asked: I have been watching Rod Barajas with Toronto,he would be a good backstopper along with Santos. Also the Mets have Francoeur for right field. I still think the Mets should go after Halladay. Here is my lineup wish list. 1b Murphy/Evans, 2b Castillo, 3b Mr Wright, ss Reyes, lf Fmart/evans, cf Beltran, rf Francoeur, c Barajas, c Santos, bench A Hernandez, Pagan, Tatis, SP Santana, Halladay, Pelfrey, Wolf, Niese, Pen K-rod, Parnell, Feliciano, Kunz, Stokes, Maine, Bostick.



Mack: Your roster is close to mine. I build my rosters like I used to take tests in school. I answer all the questions I’m sure I’m right, take a deep breath, add up what I have so far, and see how close I am to passing. Roster wise, I’m taking a deep breath right now because, the team isn’t far off, if everyone gets and remains healthy. Same needs as we said in the spring.
You left out a starter, which I assume would be John Maine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://diamondbacks.scout.com/2/466403.html