9/8/09

Tobi Stoner Or Tim Redding?



I was pleased to see that Tobi Stoner got a call to NY. I was reading Mets Merized and Joe Di doesn’t think Stoner will get many starts. My question is why? I would rather see Stoner over Tim Redding. Yes, Redding has pitched better of late, but is he really in the 2010 plans?

A couple notes of Stoner:

Stoner has been known to hit 92 on the radar gun, he really hits 88-90 consistently.

92 strike outs in 144.2 minor league innings are not numbers to make you jump out of your seat

He does have a .224 BAA between Binghamton and Buffalo

Stoner’s minor league numbers suggest he could be a number 5 starter, or long relief pitcher in NY. At this point I look at Stoner in the same light at Bobby Parnell, he has nothing else to prove in AAA. Let’s hope he gets a chance to strut his stuff over Redding.

1 comment:

Teddy Dziuba said...

It's sad to say, but Stoner will provide one of the stronger BATS off the bench for the Mets. The kid used to put on displays during Pitcher's BP and I'm pretty sure he put up solid power numbers as a two-way player in college. Congrats to Tobi - he's a great guy and I wish him nothing but the best