11/9/09

Q&A - RP - Roy Merritt


Had a quick conversation with Roy Merritt




Merritt has always been high on my list and I consider him the top relief prospect in the organization. The Mets put him on a fast track last spring, which I expect to continue come March. There’s a good chance he will return to AA for the start of the season, but he will definitely wind up in Buffalo at some poin in the season, and, if thinks go well, you may see him in Queens after the all-star break.

Mack: So, what are you doing in the off-season?

Roy: I’m playing for Mayaguez in Puerto Rico

Mack: What was your analysis of your 2009 season?


Roy: I was challenged this year by skipping both low-A and high-A, and I made the all-star team. My team chose me as the MVP pitcher so i met the challenge that was.

No comments: