3/31/10

Game Day 3-31: - Figgy, Murphy, Carter... 6-3 Mets

-morning...  yeah, I know, I said I wasn't doing this anymore...

-I'm back because of Figgy...  I think there's still a chance he gets rotation work if he puts in four to six strong innings today... I can't think of any time during his long career where he had more reason to suceed than today...

-also expected to pitch today:  Robert "Don't Call Me Bobby" Parnell, Jenrry Mejia, Ryota Igarashi, Raul Valdez, Hisanori Takahashi, and Kiko Calero.

-38 players till in camp... 18 pitchers, three catchers, nine infielders, and eight outfielders...

-everybody is waiting for the doctor report on Daniel Murphy... considering the spring he has had, this would be the perfect opportunity to put him on the DL, let go Mike Jacobs, send Chris Carter to Buffalo, tell Tatis he's the back-up first baseman, and give the job to Ike Davis. You can always send Davis back down when Murphy is "healed", which I'm sure will correspond to any stumbling Davis does.

-three excellent innings from Figueroa... wished the Mets didn't have so mnay pitching questions left unanswered at this point so we could have possibly watched a good old fashioned 100-pitch Figgy shutout...

-normally, I would get excited about this guy Valdes throwing up scoreless innings, but that didn't do Pat Misch much help, did it?

-boy, this team misses Delgado's bat... Francouer and Jacobs are lust not going to be enough to cause a 3-4-5-6 non-pitch around situation. I'm sure looking forward to this soon to be Wright-Beltran-Bay-Davis...

-speaking of bats, Chris Carter hit his 4th homer of the spring... this time in the role he could stick, a pinch hitter...

No comments: