3/26/10

Q&A: 25-man, Doc, C's. Mack's Mets Writers... and My prediction

Hobie said, regarding the 25-man:

This is the first time I have seen (out side of my own skull) Nieve mentioned as BP stock. I thin k that’s a real possibility. I also conjure up an image of Figgy/Takahashi (you didn’t mention him) as a two-headed #5/LR duo used interchangeably. Add Parnell and then there’s one more RP slot. My dark horse is that Carter comes north and NOT Murph (some 2B at Buffalo? And more AB’s to validate his new stance). Tatis & Jacobs on the bench until Beltran returns, then one of them goes.

Regarding Nieve in the BP, actually Jerry hinted to that on Tuesday... I didn't mention Takahashi because I expect the Mets to send him to AAA to get more used to batters on this side of the globe.

I cna't see the Mets asking Murphy to try and play another positon. The young man will hang himself from the center field wall in Traditions...err... Digital Whatever Field.

Hobie, if someone doesn't start pitching, it really doesn't matter who they take north. This team does not have the bats to win every game 9-8.

derekshowerman said...

Mack- Einstein's definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result. Expecting Doc to "be a man" at this point is insane! I agree he should be in the Mets HOF for his performance on the field. I will never forget being a kid on vacation in Maine and my father and I staying inside to watch Doc pitch. It was an occasion, much like when Pedro Martinez pitched in his Boston days. However, your right! It is time for the Mets to part ways with Doc after the HOF induction. He deserves a cheer for who he was as a pitcher, and he deserves a boo for not being a man and taking that career, fatherhood and husband to where all of them could of gone. In the end, he is his own worst enemy, we all have choices and he continues to choose wrong.

Derek, I'm sorry, I don't have much compasion here. I was a drunk and I had to clean my life up, and I did. I ruined my career, lost every penny I ever earned, but that still was no reason to keep drinking. My wife and daugher both loved me and stood by me and the last thing I needed to do was to not become like my father. Doc Goodin has had enough chances. Give him a one-way bus ticket to Cooperstown, give him his award out the back door, put the bust of his sorry ass face in the far corner of the building with the worst lighting and give him directions to that tacky fucking place that Pete Rose hangs out at.  Didn't baseball learn enough fro Steve Howe?

Frenchy2 asked:

Does 1B/OF Chris Carter really have a chance of sticking with the team opening day?

I don't know, F2.... I guess everybody stands a chance.

One of the problems the Mets had with this position this SP was the fact that five guys were all trying to latch on here, thus, no one got the proper amount of at bats. I wished they had more split squad games.

It doesn't look like Mike Jacobs did enough this spring to win a role with this team. And Dan Murphy is going to mkae this team even if he bats only .050 at PSL.

That being said, Fernando Tatis offers more versatility than Carter for one of the two critical utility roles. Tatis plays just about every position and he can wash a mean car.

Lastly, no one in the locker room is going to throw Carter a welcome party if he makes it. He's does nothing to warm up with his teammates.

My guess, no.

Anonymous asked

I see that Mack's Mets has a lot of writers, but I never see any of them write anything. Are these made up names?

No, they're for real. Derek Showerman has been leaving comments (see above) and I hope he gets back to writing soon. Ex-Mets Teddy Dzubia and Alex Merritts are hard at work, Wally is working for the local newspaper here, and the rest will hopefully pop their head up and see their shadow soon.



Rodney asked:

Any predictions at this point?

Normally, I do a big ass winded explanation and predict the Mets for third in the division ( I predicted them there both in 2008 and 2009). This year, with questionable pitching, I can't see them finishing above fourth, and I'll leave it at there.

I love this team, but this is going to be a long, painful year for fans.









No comments: