7/30/10

Q&A - RP - Emary Frederick

Hey guys, it's Mack back again with another Q&A. You Mack's Mets vets out there know that RP Emary Frederick has always been a favorite of mine since we first hooked up in Savannah a few years ago. I was immediately impressed with his K/BB ratio which, at time, was the best in the system that year. As you also know, the Mets released Frederick early this month which made no sense to me since I have an alphabetical list of other pitchers that should go far before him. Anyway, I caught up with him this week...



Mack: Hey Emary. Where are you and what are you doing?


Frederick: FIRST OFF MACK, I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ME THROUGH MY PROFESSIONAL CAREER THUS FAR... MY RELEASE FROM THE METS WAS DEFINITELY UNEXPECTED, BUT THATS THE BUSINESS I CHOSE TO GET INTO. RIGHT.  NOW I AM IN ROCKFORD, ILLINOIS PLAYING INDEPENDENT BALL IN THE NORTHERN LEAGUE. VERY RESPECTABLE LEAGUE SO FAR. 


Mack: First, and most important, how's the family? I know your father is a proud man and I'm sure he's behind your move. And most important, how is your brother doing? .


Frederick: THE FAMILY IS GOOD. MOTHER IS DOING WELL, FATHER IS ALSO DOING WELL. THEY ARE BOTH SUPPORTIVE OF EVERY DECISION I MAKE AS A MAN... BOTH OF MY BROTHERS ARE HAPPY. THE YOUNGEST IS PLAYING FOOTBALL, BASEBALL, AND BASKETBALL. GOING TO THE 10TH GRADE (RA'KEEM)... MY 21 YEAR OLD BROTHER (DEMETRI) IS THE HAPPIEST PERSON I KNOW. HE IS INSPIRATION TO ME BECAUSE HE STILL ENJOYS LIFE AS MUCH AS HE CAN  DESPITE HAVING CEREBRAL PALSY... ME MYSELF, I'M JUST TRYING TO MAKE LIFE BETTER FOR MY FAMILY AND I, USING THE GIFTS GOD HAD GIVEN ME.


Mack:  As you know, I have met Demetri and he is definitely one cool dude... back to baseball though. Tell everybody out there how you hooked up to Indy ball in what seems like a minute? .


Frederick: WELL I RECEIVED A LOT OF CALLS ALMOST IMMEDIATELY AFTER MY RELEASE FROM INDEPENDENT TEAMS. BUT THE TEAM I AM ON NOW WAS THE TEAM I FELT BEST FIT ME FOR MANY REASONS. A LARGE INFLUENCE WAS MY FORMER METS AA BULLPEN BUDDY, DERICK ELLISON. HE USED TO PLAY HERE AND ASSURED ME THAT THE GUYS ARE OF GOOD CHARACTER AND THE FRONT OFFICE PUSHES TO GET THEIR PLAYERS BACK INTO AFFILLIATED BALL.


Mack: It seems to me that the timing of this couldn't be worse, what with the season winding down soon. What are your plans for 2010? Finish the season where you are and then play winter ball? .


Frederick:  YEAH MACK, I JUST WANT TO FINISH STRONG HERE, HOPEFULLY PLAY WINTERBALL FOR MORE EXPOSURE, AND MAYBE I'LL GET A SPRING TRAINING INVITE AT LEAST.

 
Mack: Well. Emary, I never have been a fan of how Omar & Company moves around their pitchers like chess pieces. I watched you shuttle between St. Lucie and Binghamton like a commuter jet and, unless pitching has changed since my day, there's no way in hell you can develop a book on a level and get your mojo on when you don't have any idea who you're going to pitch against the following week. They did the same to Eddie Kunz and Edgar Ramirez will probably be the next one in line. Okay, I'll get off my pulpit... lastly, how's your health, the arm, the heater? .


Frederick: STILL FEELING 'GREAT' MACK. HEATER IS MORE EFFECTIVE THEN ITS BEEN MY WHOLE CAREER. JUST PRAYING FOR A MIRACLE MY FRIEND. THANKS AGAIN MACK.

No comments: