6/25/11

New - The Keepers - #58 - RHP - Michael Fulmer

58. Michael Fulmer - RHP


6-6-11: - Mets Supplemental 1st Round Pick - RHP Michael Fulmer 6'2", 180 lbs.- Deer Creek High School, Oklahoma – Frankly, I didn’t know a thing about this kid when his name wall called out. Remember, I do a lot of work on the draft every year and I compile just about every word I can find being reported about these guys. There were 144 RHPs named in all those mock drafts and not one of them mentioned Fulmer. I never claimed to be an expert in this area. I’m just a messenger of what everyone else claims to be an expert in. I’ve now learned that he, like Brandon Nimmo, is committed to the University of Arkansas, and, according to Keith Law, throws in the 92-7 range and has a great curve. Again, like Nimmo, I have no idea how to grade this pick so I have to give it another incomplete rating. In fact, my whole night has been incomplete. Blogspot’s having tech problems and I can’t put pictures up and I sort or had so much more planned to write about tonight. Hopefully, some of the college guys still available in the draft will be picked by the Mets tomorrow and I can pump me up. One thing I will say. Lots of balls here and big planned to over-slot. I hope for their sake there’s a signature here.


6-7-11: - http://www.minorleagueball.com/2011/6/7/2211224/2011-mlb-draft-compensation-round-analysis-and-opinion  - 1-44) Mets: Michael Fulmer, RHP, Deer Creek HS, Edmond, OK: Overshadowed by Bundy and Bradley in Oklahoma but an excellent prospect in his own right, hitting the mid-90s. Totally legitimate pick, as Fulmer would be a first rounder in many classes.


6-14-11: - http://www.minorleagueball.com/2011/6/14/2222649/2011-mlb-draft-new-york-mets-review#storyjump  - 1S) Michael Fulmer, RHP, Oklahoma HS: Mid-90s fastball, good slider, needs better changeup but hardly a serious flaw at this point. Also has an Arkansas commitment.


6-24-11: - The Mets have agreed to terms with supplemental first round pick Michael Fulmer, the pitcher announced (on Twitter). He said he agreed to a contract yesterday, though he has yet to sign. Baseball America ranked Fulmer 45th among draft eligible prospects and the Mets selected him with the 44th overall pick. Fulmer's fastball reaches the mid-90s and he can maintain his velocity late into games, according to BA. He has a hard slider, though he'll have to work on developing a change-up - http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/06/mets-agree-to-sign-supplemental-pick-fulmer.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter  

No comments: