12/27/11

Dirty Laundry - Draft2012, Fixed Posts, Mets Press Releases

1. Good news for Mack’s Mets.
 Stephen Guilbert is going to take over the draft information on this site.
Some of the subjects he’ll be covering are:
·         Profile pitchers: Who has true ace potential, which are safer bets with lower floors but not ace potential, which arms scream "bullpen" 

·         Profile which hitters have 30-HR potential, which could hit .300, win a gold glove, etc.

·         Review drafting strategies team-by-team and "match-make" team to players based on history and draft position

·         Review which player the Mets should and will target based on what talent is likely to still be on the board

·         Go in-depth to the later rounds in the draft and profile tougher signs or more raw players that could be the next Albert Pujols or Mike Piazza (late draft picks that exceed expectations)

·         Etc.

It will begin as a weekly post, this Friday, at 12noon EST.                    

2. For January, my “Mets Needs” series will continue every Mon-Fri at 8am EST. I will post one of “The Keepers” at M-F 4pm EST. and the “Draft 2012 post will posted at M-F 12:01am.
Other “fixed posts include:
·         Frank Gray – Monday 10am 

·          David Groveman – Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 10am 

·         Stephen Guilbert – Friday 12 noon 

·         Michael Friere – Sunday 12 noon 

·         Charles Thompson – Sunday 2pm


3. It looks like I have been taken off the official Mets press release list again. I haven’t received the daily email in over two weeks, so who knows why this happened for, what, the 9th time?
You know, I never asked to be put on it. I was talking to Joe D over at Mets Merized and he asked me if I was on the list. I told him no and I guess he talked to someone because I was placed on it the next day. That began a series of stops and starts, that is now back in the stop mode.
I can’t wait for a new owner to overhaul this archaic division.

No comments: