4/27/12

4-26-12 - Daily Mets Minors Report


Date: 4-26-12 

Compass Media Networks is rounding out its sports calendar with a multiyear deal to nationally syndicate 25 Major League Baseball games featuring the Los Angeles Angels.   The “game of the week” roster includes games against the Yankees, Rangers, Mariners, Dodgers, Giants and Red Sox, among others.

Some people actually think that the Mets having a full homegrown lineup is a good thing…

Daughtry to perform at Citi Field Friday, July 20.

A very sad post-game walk-off clubhouse. Players can read between the lines and know in their heart that Mike Pelfrey will never pitch another game for the Mets. He is a very popular member of the team. Very sad in there today.

AAA-Buffalo:  

OF Adam Loewen placed on the DL (stress fracture in right foot)… RHP Jeremy Hefner returns… Hefner joins a rotation of Mike Harvey, Jeurys Familia, Garrett Olsen, and Dylan Owen.

Chris Schwinden replaces Pelfrey in the Mets rotation and Dylan Owen replaces Schwinny. Ob la dee, ob la da…


AA-Binghamton:   

Reese Havens is getting close to making his 2012 debut
RP Robert Carson is back on the B-Mets after posting a 0.00-ERA in Queens (never pitched… )

CF Matt den Dekker continues to pop up, hitting his 3rd HR of the season, but he also committed an error in the same inning that lead to two unearned runs…

This was about as ugly as a game can get…  Greg Peavey: 2.1-IP, 12-H, 11-R… yikes!

And the hits just kept coming… Edgar Ramirez – 3.2-IP, 4-ER..

Turned it off at 3-15…


A+ - St. Lucie: -   

SP Erik Goeddel had an impressive five innings:  3-H, 0-R, 5-K, 1-BB… ERA down to 1.13…

P D.J. Carrasco began his rehab stint…  two scoreless innings and the win in a 1-0 thriler...

Couldn’t turn this one off…

A – Savannah:

"When you're hitting, you hit, and when you're not hitting---well, you just don't hit." -Roy Campanella

Boy, and you though Peavey had a bad night for B-Town: Domingo Tapia – 1.1-IP, 8-R


7 comments:

Brian said...

Your posts have become so hard to read because you always curse and have a mean tone. With so many other sites posting minor league stuff on the Mets you would think you would try harder to be better or unique. This site has gone downhill.

Stephen Guilbert said...

Goeddel's start is very VERY encouraging. Man would our system get a boost if he can stay healthy.

Brian: The only reason those other sites have that information in the first place is largely through Mack, his research, interviews, and knowledge.

Mack Ade said...

Brian:

You're half right.

I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just trying to be funny.

I'll stop and and I apologize

Mack

Mack Ade said...

Stephen:

No one was more excited about getting a chance to start that Eric was at the press luncheon in Savannah last year.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, those mets looked crushed walking into clubhouse after kirk's walk off hit. Very sad in there? Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to write Pelfrey off like you did for Santana. He obviously showed he turned a corner. Perhaps this penny pinching team will sign him to a Chris Young type deal. Theres no guarantee the prospects will prosper. Basically, if you said its over....the rest of us should look for the opposite to occur. Also, didn't you rip apart the beat reporters for their comedic performances on twitter? Pick a persona and stick with it.

Mack Ade said...

Anon:

Good points.

Regarding Johan, my info came from someone I supported. She was wrong and I was too theatrical and heavy handed on it.

I truly believe he was done. Remember, I cover the Sand Gnats. I go to those games. I have a field pass before and after game.

I'm not saying the Mets don't want Pelfrey. I'm just saying that the players and coaches in the Mets clubhouse can do the math and no one (not me) can see any alternative. You can't expect the Mets to go to arbitration with him on the DL.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts and I'll definitely take your advise.

Mack

Mack Ade said...

Anon:

One more thing...

I'm hanging up a good portion of my participation here.

I will post a daily minor league report and a draft report. They will be the only two posts that will have "my opinion" in it.

I have shut down any contact with any scouts, members of the team (both past and present) other than some of the players who I communicate with directly.

I noo longer participate on Twitter (I do peek at it) and my Facebook participation is limited to forwarding the posts from the site.

The other writers on the site will handle any other original material.

I will post the pre-game and post-game press releases I receive from the teams for your perusal.

No more "cut n paste", "baseball", "I may be wrong", or "Mack and company"

It's not yet "Mack Zero", but it's closer :)