4/23/12

A Mack Update

As explained on an earlier post, I decided to take the weekend off and think things out.

The shorter version on my med problem... the VA turned down my neck operation for reasons undefined. A similar MRI from the same Charleston VA said the operation was "critical". I chose to wait until I no longer could stand the discomfort. I have now reached that point and the ratio between old fart VA patients and the few doctors left in the system that chose to do this work have changed drastically. So, I must wait until I'm closer to paralysis. 

Their answer is heavy meds and pain pills and I can't take them due my addictive problems

So, for now, it's bed ridden, with neck brace on pinned to the backboard with a log shaped taped beach towel shoved in the crook of my neck.

The seconday problem is my increasingly elevated blood pressure which is related to the pain. Had a Saturday reading of 220/122 whcih would send a normal person to the emergency room, but all they are going to do is lay me on a gurvey, hook me up a drip, monitor me for 8 hours, make me pay a $1500 before I leave that I don't have the moolah for and tell me to go a doctor to adjust my meds.

 I called the VA to try and get back in to re-evaluate the three pills I take daily and they said the next open appointment was July 11th. I guess I'm supposed to hold my break until then

Yeah, this is the short version

I love doing this, but I need some help

I need more active writers

I am going to post a daily minor league report and a daily draft post. The rest that I post will be press releases from the teams. That's about all I can do right now (this post took parts of two days to write)

Most of my current writers are far past the excitement of writing about this team or being part of this blog.

If you want to write or know someone that does, email me at macksmets@gmail.com and we'll invite you in

No phone calls right now.

Thanks

Mack.

 



 




No comments: