5/28/12

Metsmerized - Petey Pete on Steve Matz


I was keeping my fingers crossed these last few weeks but had not contacted Steve to see if he was pitching again. And then last night I was conducting a phone interview with Mets 2011 Sixth-round draft choice, outfielder Joe Tuschak, who is at extended spring training and when I asked him which pitcher looked outstanding so far this camp he replied immediately: “Steve Matz.” I almost fell out of my desk chair.

Here’s what Tuschak had to say about Matz:
Steve Matz. He’s coming off that surgery and he’s been pitching great. Throwing the ball hard, locating everything. Just been looking very good. He said his arm had been hurting him at the beginning, and then he just said it kinda went away. He’s been pitching very well.

 For the rest of this great interview...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow this would be a complete 360 from what was reported a few weeks ago.

Mack Ade said...

I just got off the phone with Steve... I'll write about it later