7/25/12

Q and A - Eric Campbell, Chris Young, Jordany Valdespin


Hi Mack.....I think you’re a lovable guy so what's with the nasty emails u get? Some people suck.. that's all there is to it.
Ok, on to Mets stuff with a few thoughts. How about Eric Campbell as a right-handed 1st base option to give Ike a bit of a kick in ass because I think when the whole team went to TC to plead for not sending him down it was just a boast to his already inflated ego.
Ego is fine "when your producing" but a few 3 run homers doesn't make up for 3 months of really sucking it up.
How much value do you think Chris Young has at this point based on his cheap contract and the need many contenders have for a SP3/4?
And why not play Jordany Valdespin in center the remainder of the season? If he plays even ok ball and hits a few more homers it will increase his value to us or another team. Thanks for your time and I will try and post some even while I'm on vacation. - Gary

Mack – Trust me Gary, I have my dark side and have earned some of these emails.
No one can even get Campbell promoted to AAA, no less become the first base option someday in Queens. Frankly, the backup is Lucas Duda. Afrer that, Alan Dykstra. Cyrrent roster fill-ins during a bad season:  Justin Turner and a quick call-up of Josh Satin.
IMO,  Young has been a nice experiment, but, unless they trade either RA Dickey or Jon Niese, he won’t be part of the Mets 2013 rotation.
I think the Mets will now begin to let Valdespin take on right field for the remainder of the season.

No comments: