9/26/12

Draft 13 – Q and A – LHP/IF – Marco Gonzales – Gonzaga

Mack – I’m really excited to talk to one of my favorites here, LHP Marco Gonzales out of Gonzaga. Good morning Marco. First of all, I’d like to ask you a question that I ask many of the players. Take us back to that first time someone put either a bat, glove, or ball in your hands and take us through the that got us to here today?

Marco - Good morning Mack. Well, I think it all started with my Dad, really. He played professionally for eleven years, and he truly got me hooked on the game. I basically grew up in spring training and in the clubhouses of countless minor league teams as he played with Detroit, Boston, and the Yankees. So I guess I don't have a memory of the first time I held a baseball or swung a bat, but it had to have been very special because it has been my life for as long as I can remember, and I love it.

Mack – Look, I don’t usually talk about the draft in these interviews, but you are a college junior and not a high school senior that I’m trying to pry something out of. This has got to be an exciting time for you. What kind of preparations have you made this summer to insure you get through this critical season “in one piece”?

For the rest...  www.bigleaguefutures.com

No comments: