4/26/13

Mack Ade – Morning Report – 4-26-13




Tim Byrdak ‏@Givemethelefty
Ladies and gentleman we have a tentative date set for me to get on the mound!!


There are schools in poverty areas all over this country in need of computers, but the Mets have chosen instead to install hundreds of them in CitiField so it will be easier for the Mets to get some of their players on the all-star team. Progress.


John Buck is tied for third in the league in HR and tied for 2nd in the league in RBI. He also has a .293 OBP


Who is in charge? Terry Collins said two days ago that he didn’t want Lucas Duda to bat cleanup due to “confidence reasons”. Now, he’s batting cleanup. Did anyone ever thing of playing old tape to TC before he makes new decisions?


I spent some time last night trolling both #Mets and #MetsTwitter during the period that the Mets were losing in the late innings. What makes young fans trash their team so much with less than 20 games into the season? Do fans of all teams do this? The team is in 2nd place and they suck? John Buck is 2nd in the league in HRs and he sucks? Doesn’t everybody and everything about this team suck? This is a classic case of ‘consider the source’ from people that weren’t even born when George Harrison died, no less John Lennon (does George Harrison suck?). I have very thin skin over things like this and continue have to learn to avoid these trolls. 10-9, 2nd place, 2nd in home runs. Unbelievable.



Lastly (limited edition – filling in at work for someone tonight), I also spent some time yesterday near the batting cage with Toby Hyde. Toby and I see the Mets world through completely different glasses. He says I’m too kind to marginal players that have no chance of making Queens. I tried to remind him then I would only have around 7-8 players to talk about. I made around 7-8 statements about various Mets players/subjects. He disagreed on each of them. At this point, I almost just said the word ‘black’ figuring he’d counter with ‘white’. Instead, I walked away.

No comments: