2/20/17

Richard Herr - I Wish

I Wish
With spring training halfway started with pitchers and catchers, I find myself putting together a wish list for the Mets for this coming year. So here’s what I wish.

I wish - that Jeurys Familia finds his peace and tranquility--except of course, when he’s pitching. He can be as nasty as he wants to be then.

I wish - that Zack Wheeler heals and starts pitching again. Wherever that may be. Let’s not worry about whether it’s in the rotation or the bullpen, just so long as it’s in the land of healthy.

I wish - that Matt Harvey comes back to his old self, that means with the fire streaming out of his nostrils.

I wish - that Steven Matz stays healthy all through the year.

I wish - that Jacob deGrom gets back to being Jacob deGrom.

I wish - that Josh Edgin regains his fastball after the surgery.

I wish - that Noah Syndergaard---never mind, I don’t think there’s anything I need to wish for here.

I wish - that Robert Gsellman and Seth Lugo continue what they were doing, only over a larger sample.

I wish - that Travis d’Arnaud takes over 1.) calling the game, 2.) throwing 3.) hitting.

I wish - that the Dude confidently hits to all fields.

I wish - that Walker and Cabrera stay healthy and come close to last year’s output.

I wish - David flourishes.

I wish - Wilmer shows them how he can hit

I wish - Jose drinks from that fountain of youth

I wish - Yoenis stays as productive - but he may need a couple more cars.

I wish - Grandy keeps on keeping on

I wish - Lagares lives up to his hitting po

I wish - Jay Bruce becomes a big city boy

I wish - Nimmo shows why he was chosen first

I wish - Terry spreads the load over the whole bullpen.

Whenever Richard Herr isn’t solving all the Mets’ problems, he spends his time writing humorous science fiction novels.



You can see his books at https://www.amazon.com/Richard-Herr/e/B00J5XBKX4.

7 comments:

Tom Brennan said...

Lots of mighty good wishes. I add my thoughts to two: Thor winning Cy Young. Cespedes a juggernaut breakthrough MVP year with 45 homers.

Unknown said...

I wanted to post something that wasn't dripping with optimism. I want them all to hit 45 homers, but I don't think that's what's going to happen. That's why I was looking for years close to last year out of Cabrera and Walker.

Mack Ade said...

I wish the season would start.

Tom Brennan said...

Cespedes missed 31 games, played with a bum leg all year, and hit 31 anyway. He hit a lot after being acquired in 2015. If he can play 155 games, 45 seems a reasonable higher end target for him.

Tom Brennan said...

Cespedes missed 31 games, played with a bum leg all year, and hit 31 anyway. He hit a lot after being acquired in 2015. If he can play 155 games, 45 seems a reasonable higher end target for him.

Eddie from Corona said...

I wish for 3 awards... 1 Cy young, 1 MVP, and 1 Comeback player of the year...
This i would expect would mean the Division Title...

Anonymous said...

I wish Familia would never quick pitch again