10/5/17

Tom Brennan- EXCITEMENT VS. NAUSEA

 
Tom Brennan - EXCITEMENT VS. NAUSEA

There were many nauseating moments in Queens baseball this season...injury after injury, stars becoming duds post-injury, blown leads, amateurish play, and always wondering:

WILL DAVID WRIGHT RETURN THIS YEAR?

In the Bronx, though, swagger and EXCITEMENT abounds.

Problems there may arise, but their fans are confident that they will be temporary, and dominance is waiting right around the corner.  With a farm system the envy of crop growers the world over....herbicides reserved for visiting teams.

Then there was Tuesday, when my wife met a friend at a bar with big screen TV's.  As they chatted, I watched the only game in town, the Yanks and Twins wild card slugfest.

We did not stay long, but I watched the first inning.  Simply put, the most EXCITING inning I saw all year.

Yankee fans exude excitement and brim with confidence.

Mets fans like us continually conduct autopsies, keep our fingers crossed, and expect disappointment is right around the corner.  

Which of the 2 businesses do you wish you owned stock in?


Don't ask me - I don't want to get nauseous.  Ask Sandy.

8 comments:

Mack Ade said...

Baseball? Is baseball still on television?

Reese Kaplan said...

Beisbol been berry berry bad to me.

Hobie said...

Rootin' for the Astros.

Tom Brennan said...

If I did not have a Mets alegiance, I'd pull for (gasp) the Yankees, Hobie. The Mets are still better than watching pro soccer LOL.

Reese Kaplan said...

My company HQ is in Houston so I'm with Hobie.

Tom Brennan said...

Wright had another back surgery - but seems psyched for next season. Like Yogi said, it ain't over til it's over.

Mack Ade said...

Tom -

It is very sad what David keeps trying to do. It is the old lightning in the bottle story.

Some people just can not take the money and run.

Tom Brennan said...

Yankee fans experienced a terrible bout of Mets nausea last night. It might be fatal for them in 2017. Try soothing, pink Pepto Bismol, fellas.